Vanilla Buttercream Frosting Recipe
If you're looking for a simple yet delicious vanilla buttercream frosting recipe, you've come to the right place. This frosting is perfect for topping cakes, cupcakes, and other sweet treats.
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-2 tablespoons heavy cream
In a large mixing bowl, cream the butter until light and fluffy, about 3-5 minutes.
Add the powdered sugar, 1 cup at a time, mixing well after each addition.
Add the vanilla extract and mix well.
Add 1-2 tablespoons of heavy cream, depending on the desired consistency of the frosting.
Mix the frosting on medium speed for 2-3 minutes until it is light and fluffy.
Use the frosting immediately to top your favorite desserts, or store it in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to one week.
- For best results, make sure that the butter is at room temperature before you start.
- Sift the powdered sugar before adding it to the mixing bowl to avoid lumps in the frosting.
- Adjust the amount of heavy cream depending on how thick or thin you want the frosting to be.
- Vanilla Buttercream Frosting
- Simple Vanilla Buttercream Recipe
- Best Vanilla Buttercream Frosting
- Easy Vanilla Buttercream Frosting
- Homemade Vanilla Buttercream Frosting
- Creamy Vanilla Buttercream Frosting
- Fluffy Vanilla Buttercream Recipe
- Vanilla Buttercream Icing
- How to Make Vanilla Buttercream Frosting