Crème Brûlée Recipe
Lets Dive In
Indulge in the rich and creamy taste of a classic French dessert with our recipe for Vanilla Creme Brulee. Made with just a few simple ingredients like egg yolks, sugar, vanilla bean, heavy cream and milk, this recipe is easy to follow and results in the perfect balance of sweet, creamy and caramelized flavors. Serve it as a special treat for any occasion, and impress your guests with the impressive golden-brown sugar crust on top. Try this recipe today and experience the true essence of French cuisine in every bite.
6 large egg yolks
1/2 cup granulated sugar, plus extra for topping
1 vanilla bean, split and seeds scraped
2 cups heavy cream
1 cup whole milk
1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees F.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the egg yolks and sugar together until pale and thick.
- Add the vanilla bean seeds and mix to combine.
- In a medium saucepan, bring the cream, milk, and salt to a simmer over medium heat.
- Slowly pour the hot cream mixture into the egg yolk mixture, whisking constantly.
- Strain the custard through a fine-mesh sieve into a large measuring cup or pitcher, discarding the solids.
- Divide the custard evenly among 6 (6-ounce) ramekins.
- Place the ramekins in a large baking dish and fill the dish with enough hot water to come halfway up the sides of the ramekins.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes, or until the custards are just set but still wobble in the center.
- Remove the ramekins from the water bath and let cool to room temperature.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours or up to 3 days.
- Before serving, sprinkle a thin layer of sugar over the top of each custard.
- Using a kitchen torch, caramelize the sugar until it forms a hard, golden-brown shell.
- Let cool for a few minutes before serving.
Enjoy your Vanilla Creme Brulee!